The most common method of transportation in Firefall is through glider pads. Most towns and watchtowers have permanent glider pads installed which, when activated, hurl the user up into the air before deploying a pair of wings, allowing them to glide through the air.
In addition to the permanent pads placed around the world, it is also possible for players to get their own personal glider pads that they can place wherever they like. These personal pads can be either limited use or endlessly reusable, and often will give you glider wings with their own special visual appearance.
Some reusable glider pads also have special attributes that give you a bonus across all glider pads that you use if you own them. These attributes are:
- Quickened: For every glider pad you own with the “quickened” attribute, your shared glider pad cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.
- Lofty: For every glider pad you own with the “lofty” attribute, you get a slight boost to the height you are boosted before the wings deploy when using any glider pad.
Any player with an active VIP membership also gets access to a special reusable glider pad for as long as that membership is active. In addition, any time they activate any glider pad, they receive a two-second boost of increased acceleration.
For those who prefer a more traditional method of travel, Firefall does offer a variety of ground vehicles that players can use to get where they’re going faster. Currently, there are two primary types of vehicles: Light Ground Vehicles (LGVs) and Medium Ground Vehicles (MGVs).
The currently available vehicles are:
- Cobra P-1 LGV: Upon completing the ARES Job “In the Wheelhouse” which is available in Dredge at level 25, you receive a blueprint that allows you to craft the Cobra P-1 LGV, which has “average” speed, “average” handling, and 3000 hit points. You can also get a one-time use version of the P-1 as a reward from copper or silver vending tokens.
- Cobra XLR LGV: Upon reaching level 40, you receive a blueprint that allows you to craft the Cobra XLR LGV, which has “above average” speed, “above average” handling, and 7500 hit points. You can also get a one-time use version of the XLR as a reward from silver vending tokens.
- Cobra R-54 LGV: The Cobra R-54 LGV is purchasable in the Red Bean store for 175 Red Beans. It has “excellent” speed, “excellent” handling, and 3000 hit points.
- Vortex LGV: The Vortex LGV is functionally identical to the Cobra R-54 (“excellent” speed and handling with 3000 hit points) but is different cosmetically, and can only be found as a reward from gold vending tokens.
- Zephyr LGV: The Zephyr LGV is purchasable in the Red Bean store for 290 Red Beans. It functions the same as the R-54 but is different cosmetically.
- Vapor LGV: The Vapor LGV is purchasable in the Red Bean store for 350 Red Beans. It functions the same as the R-54 but is different cosmetically.
- Omnidyne-M LGV: The Omnidyne-M LGV was previously a reward from the gold vending token reward pool. It has been temporarily discontinued, but some players may still be selling them on the marketplace.
- TS-RC8 "Snowsquall" MGV: The Snowsquall MGV has "above average" speed, "excellent" handling, and 15000 hit points. It can be purchased from the in-game Red Bean store for 400 Red Beans (though is currently on sale for 375).
- "Bumblebee" MGV: The Bumblebee MGV is functionally identical to the Snowsquall and comes with the "Racer" Transport Pack.
The Open World PvP continent, Broken Peninsula, also has its own array of weaponized LGVs and MGVs that spawn for players to use.
Arcfolders are devices that allow you to instantly teleport to far away locations. Interacting with an arcfolder allows you to travel to any of the PvE zones (Coral Forest, Sertao, and Devil’s Tusk) as well as the PvP zone, Broken Peninsula. There are arcfolders located in:
- Copacabana (Coral Forest)
- Thump Dump (Coral Forest)
- Trans Hub (Coral Forest)
- Sunken Harbor (Coral Forest)
- Forward Operating Base: Harpoon (Devil’s Tusk)
In Coral Forest and Sertao, the Accord operates a "Priority Arcfold" system for those people who have money to spend and like to get around quick. For a Credit cost that varies based on the area, you can instantly teleport yourself to any SIN Tower you have previously interfaced with. To use this service, simply open up your world map (default M), left click on the POI you would like to arcfold to, scroll down to the dropship icon, and left click.
Coral Forest Dropships
For players in Coral Forest who lack either the ability or the desire to spend Credits to use the Priority Arcfold system, the Accord does provide a free but less convenient transportation system in the form of a fleet of dropships that fly around Coral Forest stopping at Copacabana, Thump Dump, Trans Hub, and Sunken Harbor. To board one of these dropships, simply approach it when it lands and hit E. You can exit these dropships at any time; if you exit in midair, you will automatically get a set of glider wings so that you can safely glide to your destination. If you miss a dropship, don't worry! Another will be along within a few minutes to pick you up.