This week on Firefall Live, Brian joined us for another episode of great questions, fantastic art entries, and hilarious captions. We also gave away another round of Roccat gaming gear, along with the last remaining Brontodon plushie. Unfortunately we failed to reach our goal to unlock our next hint. However, we decided you guys have been so great that we would give it to you anyways! Check out the replay on Twitch here.
- This weekend is our Invitational Test! That means we have 100 players coming into our studio over the weekend to test some of our upcoming new content. We've got a mix of both veteran players and brand new ones in order to get a variety of viewpoints on what we've got, and we're super excited to see what they think.
- Next week we're launching our "Path to Launch" blog series, which will be a weekly blog in which we will finally start to detail the changes and improvements that we've been keeping secret for the past few months. We've got a lot to share between then and launch, but we're extremely excited and we hope you like what you hear!
Sadly we didn't get to our goal of 600 viewers to unlock the final hint of May.
BUT we decided to give it to you anyways, so here it is!
Click image for full-size version
Make sure to tune in next week for the sneak peek, a video flythrough, of this upcoming new area!
What would you personally like to see in Firefall one year from now?
- Frank: An open world remnant with infantry plus vehicle combat (with more than just ground vehicles).
- Brian: Seeing more of the world, seeing what the Melding has done to the rest of the world, and maybe finding other pockets of humanity that have survived.
- Sara: Swimming!
What happened to the mission areas around Copacabana, why have those been turned off?
- Those are currently being used for new player experience to teach new players about different mission types. We didn't think it would be a good experience for new players to be learning the game and have existing players to just come in and blow through the missions.
Will LGVs ever be paintable?
- That's definitely something that we're still talking about and is something that we're seriously considering, but it's not something that is a high enough priority to make it into the next update.
I saw a very strange jump-jetting Chosen around Copacabana the other day, what the heck was that?
- Swamp Gas.
Is there ever going to be an effort to make the melding wall look better?
- That is another thing we definitely want to clean up,
Whatever happened to those alternate rooms for Melding Tornadoes that were talked about?
- They do exist, but they haven't been completely finished yet. That's another thing that is something we still intend to look at down the line, but not for this next patch.
When are we going to get information about PTS access?
- Very soon! We do have a date planned, but we don't want to share it quite yet because it may change. There will be a sign up page, and we'll give you more information as soon as it's finalized.
Will there be a specific criteria for PTS testers?
- We think it's important to get a variety of viewpoints, both new people and veterans, so we're probably not going to be favoring one way or the other.
Do You Even Art Bro?
Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!
Come to the dark side, join the plaid shirt revolution.
Come on Pez, join us! One of us. One of us. One of us.
Pez tries his hand at building beats like Skrillex. So far he has three fans.
Pez puts his morse code into practice. "Help me, they want to conga."
Who said you could use me as a tiki torch?
Mah milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!
This week Goomichan (mousepad), Elesd3 (mouse + mousepad), Marxfx (headset), Zrmi (combo pack), and SlayBlaze (brontodon plushie) were our lucky winners. Thank you again to Roccat for providing us with this awesome gear to give away to you guys, as well as Kream for providing the legendary Bronto plushie. Keep an eye out for more giveaways like these in the future!
That's it for this week gang! Thank you again for all of your support throughout this month, helping us reach our viewership goals. Keep an eye out for that blog next week, and we'll see you again next Friday!
Firefall is the much-anticipated free-to-play sci-fi MMO shooter from Red 5 Studios. Click here to register and join us in game NOW for our Open Beta test.
Can’t wait for launch this year? Neither can we! Stay up-to-date with the latest news, media, and giveaways by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, and subscribing to our YouTube channel. And follow us on Twitch to catch our weekly livestreams!