Another exciting episode of Firefall Live this week! We reached our goal 500 concurrent viewers and released two more hints towards our June 6th sneak peek! On top of that, the Copa Call in returned with some great questions, Branflakes and JBWill showed off their dance moves, and we gave away another batch of awesome Roccat prizes. You can rewatch the full episode on Twitch here.
- Next weekend is our Invitational Testing weekend. We’ve got over 100 players coming into the office over 3 days to get hands on testing on some of our new content (including some of our New Player Experience improvements).
- Our new weekly poll is up! This week’s subject is “what’s your favorite aspect of Firefall?” Check out that poll here and let us know what you think!
- This week’s Creature Feature came out yesterday, detailing an unnamed creature that we hope to have in game sometime soon. Check that out here if you haven’t seen it.
- Yesterday we had our in-game community meet up. We hung out in Copa throwing around jetballs and answering questions. We even ended the event with a special fireworks display put together by GhostJaguar. Thanks a bunch to everyone who showed up to hang out! Keep an eye out for more events like this in the future.
- We have a new Fanfic Challenge posted. The backstory for this one was written by Juno, a long time community member. If you have ideas for backstories, go ahead and PM them to Branflakes and we may use them in future challenges!
- The Screenshot Challenge is still running! Make sure to post your best screenshots in the forum thread here, and you may see them turn up on our social media pages!
After falling short last week, we buckled down and managed to reach our goal of 500 concurrent viewers! As promised, we released both hints #2 and #3, both in the form of screenshots.
Don't forget there's still one more hint to unlock! We'll announce our final viewership goal on Wednesday and see if we can get there next Friday. Make sure to tune in if you can!
Copa Call In
Are we going to get any new Battleframes anytime soon?
- New battleframes are not something we’re working on right now. We want to make sure that what we have is polished and balanced before we go about adding more things. There were some concepts that were datamined out of the client and passed around awhile ago, but those were never more than prototypes, and are not anywhere near a releasable state (nor do we currently have a plan for working on them further).
What about new signature weapons?
- Kind of the same answer as the last one, we’re working on polishing and solidifying what we have now before we work on new battleframes, weapons, or abilities.
How about some new consumables, like being able to call down artillery strikes or reinforcements?
- That’s something that has been discussed internally before, but not something that’s currently being worked on.
Are there any plans to make the Baneclaw Brain Bucket tradeable?
- As of now, no. That cosmetic is intended to signify a big accomplishment, namely building and filling a MAN and defeating the Baneclaw. Making the helmet tradeable would make it less special.
Is it possible that in the future we’ll have more glider control, such as the ability to do flips and such? And then maybe we could have some sort of race with checkpoints and such.
- That’s definitely great feedback. It may not be something we’re working on right now, but we’ll pass that along and keep it in mind.
That Sunken Harbor Event was tons of fun last week, can we look forward to different sorts of PvP events like that?
- That’s part of what the Live Team is doing right now. We’re looking at events that we’ve done and how they’ve gone. We’re using our ideas and observations along with the feedback we’ve gotten from you guys to not only improve that event, but also create more future events, both PvP and PvE, for you to enjoy. The goal is to have lots of different events going on on different weekdays, holidays, etc, to keep the experience fresh and exciting.
Do You Even Art Bro?
Now serving request #2 for new world boss: bro man, aka over 9000!
A real man doesn't hide from his probl... oh wait.
Any darts that pass this line will be gone until the end of the week.
Hmm how do I shield myself from Nerf darts in a more effective manner? Ah, I know, absorption bomb!
Wild Phobos shield up! Ok.
Brogrammer strikes again!
Friends, romans, countrymen... have you not nerfed enough?
We had another 4 lucky winners today, with Stanhellsing (mousepad), Kainarv (mouse + mousepad), Sigmafour (keyboard), and Daunn (combo pack) all taking home some great Roccat gaming gear!
That's all for today. Thanks so much for everyone getting together and getting us to our goal of 500 viewers! Make sure to tune again next week for even more giveaways and a chance to unlock the final hint!
Firefall is the much-anticipated free-to-play sci-fi MMO shooter from Red 5 Studios. Click here to register and join us in game NOW for our Open Beta test.
Can’t wait for launch this year? Neither can we! Stay up-to-date with the latest news, media, and giveaways by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, and subscribing to your YouTube channel. And follow us on Twitch to catch our weekly livestreams!