This week on Firefall Live, new Community Coordinator Brad aka "Skadude" joined us for the first time for another great show. We had a ton of questions in our Copa Call-In Q&A session, and even had a community member show up to model his Do You Even Art Bro entry in person! On top of that, not to be shown up by Frank and his cat, Brandon brought in his dog Capri in to join us on the blue couch.
Watch the replay on Youtube here.
- Next week, our US Community Team will finally be complete! We're very excited to have our Player Engagement Community Coordinator starting on Monday, and we can't wait for her to introduce herself and start running events with all of you!
- This week's New Creature Feature was about the Harpy, a bird of prey that you don't want to mess with. This is the last Creature Feature blog for now, as next month we're going to be moving on to new and exciting things starting next month. We hope you enjoyed the blog series, and are looking forward to seeing all of these creatures (and more) in game with our next update!
- Bastion weekend starts tonight at 5:00pm PDT! Check out the blog here for more details.
- This week's poll is up, and it is about our brand new "Good Morning, Copacabana" daily audio broadcast. If you don't know what Good Morning, Copacabana is, check out the thread about it here, and then give us your thoughts in the poll here!
- We had our first Hide and Seek event this week. BranFlakes, SkaDude, and JBWill each hosted a time slot and had a good time with our community members. We'll be looking to do more events like this in the future, and we've definitely learned a lot of lessons from these initial few community events that we will be using to make them even better in the future.
- Our Resource Migration top 100 leaderboard has been updated! Check out the blog post here to find the updated top 100 list, as well as information about the final two tiers of the community-wide rewards!
- Our fourth Path to Launch blog was released this week, discussing the addition of "Hardcore mode," as well as changes to our login rewards and VIP program, so make sure to check that out here if you haven't already. We will not have a Path to Launch blog next week due to the Independence Day holiday, but we will have a few different events to announce, so keep an eye out for those. The Path to Launch blog series will resume on July 8th with our most exciting blog yet.
- Community of Chaos are looking to bolster their roster of Firefall streamers, so if you're interested in streaming with them shoot them an email at email@example.com.
- If you stream Firefall on your own, make sure to tweet us @Firefall when you're going live so we can retweet you and maybe even stop by and say hi. We love to support our streamers, and even have some plans in the works to help give back to the people who stream our game.
The new blog entry didn't mention daily achievement rewards, what is happening with those?
- The new mission system doesn't support the way daily missions are run currently, so we're going to turn them off for now, so there won't be daily achievements with this next patch. We are however working on a way that people will be able to earn Red Beans through the game without paying money, but the details are still being worked out. We will definitely share that system with you guys once it is finalized.
Is there going to be any use for extra experience once you reach max level?
- No. There are a lot of possibilities we thought about but unfortunately we won't have a use for it right now. The new system doesn't actually track XP at all above the cap. One big reason is because the goal is to expand the game and increase the level cap. If we let people sit there gaining XP on their max level frames, then as soon as we up the level cap they'll immediately be max level again and skip right past any new content that we release.
If you can't get XP above the cap is there a point to playing maxed frames?
- Yes. Keep an eye out for future Path to Launch blogs for more information about this.
What is going to happen to things like armor plating in the next update?
- We're going to try to look at the items that you have and the components used to make them and map that into something that's pretty much as close as we can get it in the new system. We still don't have the full map yet, but we're working on it and we'll share it with you guys once it's locked down. In general, servos, plating, and jump jets will all be turned into cores (plating will turn into health/regen cores, jump jets will turn into jet energy/recharge cores, etc).
Will unused daily reward creates be migrated to give the new resources?
- No, they will be removed, so make sure to use them before the patch.
The current leveling system takes modules and such to level up, the new system won't be like that right?
- Correct. You'll just gather XP and when you get enough XP you'll immediately level up and get the rewards for leveling right there in the field.
How will optional components fit into the new system?
- In the new system they don't have their own quality, it will just be a component that you use in a recipe, and the actual recipe will determine the rarity of the ability.
How long will the Resource Migration event last?
- Those details are still classified, but we will make sure to announce that it's going to end before it actually ends.
Where do you get better resources in the new system?
- it's dependent on the level of the area you're in. So in the starting area you'll find iron, and as you get to higher level areas you'll find tungsten and titanium etc etc.
Have you thought about expanding New Eden?
- Absolutely, we've definitely thought about it. A lot. There are a bunch of technical hurdles we have to deal with to be able to actually do it though, and those are things we're still looking at.
Can you give us more details about inventory limits?
- We're still working on dialing in the exact numbers for that. We're working on cleaning out all of the legacy items that you have but can't get rid of so that they don't stick around and take up space. We're also adding in the ability to easily mass salvage right from the inventory to help with inventory management.
Will Hardcore mode instances have bosses that have maybe different attacks or attributes?
- For the first pass of Hardcore mode, what we're doing is just making sure that the campaign instances can be replayed at a high level. The first few missions are served to you at a pretty low level, so we want to make sure you can still enjoy them once you've leveled past that. For now there won't be additional bosses, but it's definitely something we want to explore in the future.
Is the Ding Squirrel coming back?
- Sadly, no. He will, however, always live on in our hearts.
Do You Even Art Bro?
"Nakistromo" by Nakiato (WINNER)
Click image for full-size image
We also had a special surprise when Nakiato himself stopped by the show, fully decked out in his Nostromo costume! If you haven't seen his "SIN Imprint" blog casts where he and a few guests sit down to discuss their feelings about the Path to Launch blogs, make sure to check them out on his Youtube channel here. Next week since there won't be a blog, JBWill will be joining them to discuss Firefall, Red 5, and whatever else they'll let him ramble on about.
Quick, let's check Frank's browser history while he's away!
Hold up, Dale, this stuff has science in it.
What do you mean you can't find the start menu in Windows 8?
Would you like to play a game?
Good god man! I'm a doctor, not a computer engineer!
Fix it- or it's the nerfsicution wall for you, son.
Close your case! You're letting all the bugs in!
That's it for this week everyone. We won't have a Firefall Live show next week because of Independence Day, but we will return on July 11th with very special guest, "Jazz Hands" himself, Red 5 CEO James Macauley to discuss some of cool stuff we're going to show off on the 8th with our fifth Path to Launch blog. For now, thanks for tuning in and we'll see you in game!
Firefall is the much-anticipated free-to-play sci-fi MMO shooter from Red 5 Studios. Click here to register and join us in game NOW for our Open Beta test.
Can’t wait for launch this year? Neither can we! Stay up-to-date with the latest news, media, and giveaways by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, and subscribing to our YouTube channel. And follow us on Twitch to catch our weekly livestreams!