This week we showed how little we care about Friday the 13th with special guest, Frank's cat! Oh, and we also had Lukasz, one of our UI/UX wizards on the show to show off some of the work he's been doing, particularly with our Inventory system. We took another round of questions in our Copa Call-In Q&A session, and three very strong entries went head-to-head in our Do You Even Art Bro segment. To cap it off, we got to watch people make fun of our Community Team in this week's Caption This.
Watch the full replay on Youtube here.
- Our Delta Testing signups are open! If you want a chance to try out the new content we've been hinting at, make sure to check out this thread for information about how to register.
- Our "Dawn of the Invasion" Resource Migration event begins today! A blog will go up when the event goes live that lists what the different donation goals and their rewards are. Check out the blog about the event here for more details on how it will work.
- The second entry in our "Path to Launch" blog series went up this week, and it discussed changes to our resource, crafting, and profession systems, as well as improvements to our marketplace UI. Make sure to check out the full blog here if you haven't already!
This week's special guest was Lukasz Wieczorek, one of our UI/UX designers. He talked about how he got into the industry and we showed off some screenshots of stuff he's been working on. Note: The majority of these are concepts and the text and numbers in these images are placeholders, so don't read too much into the names or values you see:
We used to have really dark in game nights. Are you considering going back to them? Or if not nights, things like dark caves, dark instances, etc?
- There's been a lot of discussions about that because some people love it and some people hate it. It's a good question, but not something there's a definite answer for. It could be an idea for a live event that we look at in the future.
We used to have access to a webpage where we could look at our character's equipment and in-progress manufacturing jobs. Is that coming back?
- T hat is something that was a part of the beta and we were always intending to take it down. It's definitely something we would like to explore in the long term, but it's not in the short term plans to bring it back right now.
When it comes to the resource donation prices, what are we looking at for people to actually get this stuff?
- The details will be in the blog we post when the event goes live. The leaderboard prizes aren't completely locked in yet, but the top 100 will get something, and the top 10 will get even more. One of the things we're looking at is giving people the chance to work with us to design and name their own epic weapons which we'll then put in the game for anyone to use. The exact leaderboard prizes will be shown when we start to post the leaderboards in a week or two.
Why wasn't the Recon in the poll for visual progression this week? Can we see that?
- It wasn't in the poll yet because it wasn't completely done (same with the Arsenal). We will double check if they have been finished now and if so they'll be included in next week's poll.
The stuff we get like half digested modules, do we have any information about how those are crossing over?
- We're not 100% sure what will happen with those specifically yet. In general, we're working on making a big list of every item in the game and exactly what will happen to it during the migration when we patch. It's a big list so it'll take some time, but once it's completely finished we'll share it with the community.
Can the new inventory window be resized?
- Not currently but it's something we've been exploring. There are a lot of technical issues that come with that kind of functionality, and since everyone is so busy right now, it's not something that's a high priority.
Modules are not craftable, correct?
- Correct, they only come from loot drops and rewards.
The blog mentioned hybrid materials, are they like a trial and error type thing or do they have specific blueprints in the printer to create them?
- They have specific blueprints, so it will tell you exactly what you need to put in and exactly what you'll get out of it.
Is there anything happening to MANs?
- That is a very good question that we don't know the answer to off the top of our heads, we'll have to go back and find out the details. Chances are good that will be covered in a later Path to Launch blog. Update! RudiKazootie mentioned in Twitch chat that you should hold on to your MANs.
What will happen to things like nanogels and recalibrators that we're picking up now?
- Nanogels will probably be removed, but exactly what will happen with them we're not sure (again, still working on that big list of items). Recalibrators and the other optional components will remain, as will the abilities you use them to make.
What is the possibility of us getting something like a personal melding shield that we could use to go into the melding and retake Thump Dump etc before the melding recedes?
- That's something that has been discussed before, but isn't currently in the short term plans. Since the melding is currently the border of our playable space, there'd be a lot of checking required to make sure something like that didn't let you get somewhere you're not supposed to go.
This week we showed the visual progression of the Mammoth and Dragonfly, based on your vote. Frank ran into a couple technical difficulties when putting this together, so these images are not 100% representative of the actual product.
Omnidyne-M Mammoth Final Progression
Omnidyne-M Dragonfly Final Progression
Do You Even Art Bro?
Girls just wanna have fun.
We got goodies so they will forget we haven't finished the game yet ;)
And on the set of "Hangover 5," the boys from Red 5 were stoked.
We have candy, follow us!
One of the guys secretly hopes their purchase for personal use from Victoria's Secret isn't discovered.
The loot they just "gathered" from that car.
Josh: "Take the picture faster, I hear sirens!
Brandon: "Bank robbery a success!"
Brad: "They just handed me bags and told me to run."
That's it for this week folks! Please be sure to check out the Path to Launch blog if you haven't already, and keep an eye out next week for our third installment, which will be our first blog about some of our upcoming brand new content! Thanks for tuning in!
Firefall is the much-anticipated free-to-play sci-fi MMO shooter from Red 5 Studios. Click here to register and join us in game NOW for our Open Beta test.
Can’t wait for launch this year? Neither can we! Stay up-to-date with the latest news, media, and giveaways by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, and subscribing to our YouTube channel. And follow us on Twitch to catch our weekly livestreams!