It was a crowded week on Firefall Live this week as we had the ENTIRE Community Team (plus Sara) on the show! The US team was on stage, and Nathan and Torsten (our French and German Community Coordinators) joined us via Skype. The gang fielded questions from live Teamspeak callers before going through the ever-popular Caption This and Do You Even Art Bro segments. On top of that we gave out 6 Firefall Launch Packs during the stream.
Watch the replay on Twitch here.
- Firefall is launched! Thank you so much to everyone's support during our Beta. This is only the start of our journey together, and we've got a lot more in store for you in the future!
- This week's Weekly Poll is up, and it's about the current difficulty of our Hardcore instanced missions. Make sure to stop by and give us your input!
- Mika's community event this week was a beach party on the Copacabana beach, big thank you to everyone who showed up! Interest wound up being even higher than we anticipated, and we'll be taking steps in the future to try and make sure that everyone who wants to attend can.
- Mika will be continuing to stream every weekday until August 6th. After that she will still be streaming every few days, so make sure to tune in!
- We've been exploring Twitch's new "hosting" feature to host some of our great streamers on the r5studios Twitch channel. Make sure to keep checking in to see the various Firefall streamers we've been featuring! However it's important to note that if they're doing a giveaway, you have to be in the streamer's channel to participate.
- The community finished the second stage of the Devil's Tusk pushback event this week! That means that the Kanaloa and Baneclaw Titan instances are now available to play. Only one more stage of the pushback is left, so get to DT and donate that Powered Dark Crystite! Many have noted that the last pushback appears to be progressing excessively slowly, but don't worry. We'll be keeping an eye on that rate and making adjustments if it's going slower than it should be.
- Torsten is running a video contest for the German community right now. Keep an eye out for similar contests in the French and English communities in the future.
- Gamescom is coming up soon! If you're going, make sure to stop by our meetup to meet Frank, Torsten, Nathan, as well as Dave Williams (Syrstorm), and everyone from our office in Cork, Ireland. Check out the forum thread here for more info.
- We've got a PAX Prime meetup happening as well with Frank, Brad, Mika, and Josh. Details are still TBA but make sure to keep an eye on the forum thread for details.
- We've also got tentative plans for meetups at Eurogamer in London as well as PAX South in San Antonio, so keep an eye out on the forums for more information about those!
During Beta there was an understanding where if you reported an exploit, you could keep using it. What is your stance now that we're launched?
- First of all, definitely please to continue to report any exploit you find privately to us (via PM or email) as opposed to posting them publicly. In terms of using them once they're reported, please do not take advantage of any exploits even after you have reported them. We take reports very seriously, both of exploits and of cheating, and will look into any that we receive and take any action we deem necessary.
Are we going to get a future mission where we get to shoot Cognac in the face?
- Sara: I wish. Frank: Cognac? But he's a hero to the people of Dredge!
Will we be seeing Melding Chambers be craftable soon?
- That's a good question. We were looking into expanding that whole system, including resistances and weaknesses to different types and things like that, but it's something that's still in discussion, there's no definite answer we can give right now.
In terms of vending tokens, we now have pretty much everything thrown into one token, is there any chance that we may go back to the old system?
- No, that is not something we're considering. We made the change to simplify and streamline the vending system. This way there's no issue with thinking "ok I want this item, now which of the three gold tokens is the one I need to get to have a chance at it?" This way, there are only four tokens total, and each has a very specific purpose.
What's happening with BWA hardcore mode?
- Fixing that and getting it back in the game is at the very top of our priority list right now. It was a really tough decision for us to turn off, since it's taking away content from you guys which is really bad, but it was a call we felt we had to make due to the exploitative nature of the bug that was found. It is definitely being worked on actively, and we are getting it back in the game just as soon as we can.
Fix the Nighthawk!
- Don't worry, we are. For those who aren't aware, there's an issue where certain creatures are not awarding headshots properly when using the Nighthawk's sniper rifle. That is definitely getting fixed as soon as it can.
What's going on with certain abilities that can't get a bonus from any modules of a certain color?
- That's something that we are definitely looking at making better, though we don't have a specific answer right now. We're also looking at making it more clear what things like "force" or "potency" actually mean in terms of their effect on an ability.
Are there new modules coming on the horizon very soon?
- For stuff coming soon we have nothing to really share just yet, but we'll be rolling out information on those kind of things as they become nailed down more.
We notice that the dropship at FOB Sagan takes you to Cliff's Edge now. Are there going to be more ARES Assignments like Cliff's Edge in the future?
- That is certainly an interesting idea, but much the same as the last question, we can't share any details at this time.
Is it possible that we could get updrafts put into Open World PvP?
- We can't promise that off hand, but we'll mention it to Scott Youngblood and see what he thinks.
You guys brought up suggestions for T-Shirts a few weeks ago, are there any plans to go through with those plans for merchandise?
- It's definitely still something we're looking at, we wouldn't have put up the poll if we didn't think there was a strong chance. We want to get that going, but there are a lot of things that have to be worked on to get something like that off the ground.
I love events where the community team gets in game and plays against the community, is that something that we may see more in Firefall?
- Definitely. The Doomsday Event was really fun, and we are looking into ways we can do more and better things like that in the future.
Is there a chance we could see tanks in PvP?
- We can't promise anything, but that certainly sounds cool, and we can pass the request along.
I've got a question about refining research. I see it's not under general anymore, is it going to come back?
- Maybe. There was another profession we were testing, but we weren't able to get it to a good enough place before launch that it could be included. It's something that's still being looked at and could be added back in the future.
Do You Even Art Bro?
This week's DYEAB entries came from our Fan Art competition in which we asked the community for their own interpretations of Melding Tornadoes.
Caption This! (Double Feature)
No you can't cut my hair with that,
Little bunny Faufau hoppin' in the rageclaw nest.
Holy, that's a massive snail!
Okay guys, our 5 minutes of vacation time is almost done, time to get back to work.
Rudi: "Ok, so who is going to design the new coffee maker that delivers coffee to only me?"
Give me back my hat or I'm sicking the Mikachu army on you!
Day #5 of the glorious #Rudocracy
That's it for this week! It was a lot of fun getting the whole Community Team on the show, and we hope you enjoyed watching. We know we may not have been able to talk about "new" content as much as many of you would have liked, but don't worry! Launch is only the beginning of the road for us, and we've got a lot of exciting things coming down the road, which we'll start talking about more as they get hammered out and finalized. Thanks for tuning in!
Firefall is the newly-released free-to-play sci-fi MMO shooter from Red 5 Studios. Play for FREE on Steam!
Stay up-to-date with the latest Firefall news, media, and giveaways by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, and subscribing to our YouTube channel. And follow us on Twitch to catch our weekly livestreams!